Re: Tuplets in Orthodox Liturgical Music

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Tuplets in Orthodox Liturgical Music
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 10:45:21 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchol" <address@hidden>
To: "The Doctor (Michael D)" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:08 AM

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM, The Doctor (Michael D)
<address@hidden> wrote:
I am using the gregorian  to arrange Eastern Orthodox chant music. I am
working on music from the eight tones (which has a lot of 'recitatives') and would like to be able to use tuplets to 'group' and indicate notes and thus
syllables that should be sung together.

Have you tried using ligatures?  They seem to fit your description.
They're described somewhere in Ancient notation, i guess.

hth,
Janek

Agreed.  I was about to suggest the same.

--
Phil Holmes