Re: lilypond-book

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 06:55:41 +0200

"The Doctor (Michael D)" <address@hidden> writes:

> First of all I would like to thank everyone who have been so very
> helpful in responding to my latest email queries concerning Lilypond.
> I have at least one more (for now) and am getting rather frustrated
> with this one.
>
> I am quite new to lilypond-book, and am attempting to add a somewhat
> complex (but short) score to an existing LaTeX document. I want to add
> more short 'scores' to this document to include everything the Choir
> sings while (with LaTeX) having everything the Priest and Deacon says
> there as well. I am attaching 3 files that have chronicles my journey
> thus far.
>
> When I compile from the latex document using:
>
> lilypond-book --pdf filename.lytex
> pdflatex filename.tex
>
> I end up with a pdf with no music, just some code where the music
> should be. Any help is appreciated greatly.

I get the attached file after trying it out.

However, when I used lilypond-book first *without* option --pdf, and
then corrected my mistake by using --pdf afterwards, lilypond-book was
of the opinion that nothing needed to be regenerated.  I had to delete
the 78 directory with the generated files in it before rerunning
lilypond-book --pdf again.

Perhaps you have remnants from such a faulty run as well blocking your
directory?

--
David Kastrup