Saving Input File

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: Saving Input File
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 12:08:42 -0700

Fellow Users:

This is my first experience with Lilypond. I am attempting to input a two part invention (wrote it 42 years ago!).

I have searched the manuals and on-line for a solution to my problem. I am using Word 2010 (wrong?) to write the input file. Word allows only a .doc extension. Lilypond seems to recognize only the .ly extension. What program should I be using to write/edit the input file?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mark Stephen Mrotek