Re: error message

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: error message
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:16:11 +0200

Hi Mark,

Very good, happy editing with Frescobaldi and LilyPond !

Regards,
Wim.

P.S. Copying to the list for the archive, in case somebody else searches it.

On 11 Oct 2012, at 18:11 , Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:

Mr. van Dommelen:

It Works!

Following your instructions, this is what I did.

Open Frescobaldi, edit, preferences, Lilypond preferences, versions to use. This box contained only the name “Lilypond-windows.exe.” Minimize.
Right click Lilypond short cut on desktop, properties, copy “target:” C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-windows.exe. I verified this through manual tracking. Minimize
Maximize Frescobaldi, edit preferences, Lilypond preferences, highlight version, edit, paste target, click “set as default,” “apply,” and “OK.”
Paste my “code” into Frescobaldi, click Lilypond icon.
While my code did not compile, it did run!
Now I have to clean up all the errors that Lilypond found.
That is just fine by me. I learn by trial and error.

Thank you again for your kind attention to my plight. As a retired teacher I appreciate you patient and detailed instruction.

Mark Stephen Mrotek