Re: documentation download?

From: Klaus Föhl
Subject: Re: documentation download?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:11:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I do see two issues here

1) Bundling all files into a doc tarball, bzipped. Not a problem for me
as I am familiar with tar etc. and not only zip.
And I also prefer to have the documentation available locally when offline.

2) Hiding away the desired information in yet one more web page.
in Version 2.12.3 it reads
Notation Reference (in one big page ~ 4 MB, in PDF) (writing music in LilyPond)
and in the current 2.16.0 it only reads
#  Notation: syntax reference. (details of Notation)
The extra clicking is a smaller nuisance than using the extra
"details of Notation" page containing only three relevant links.

Best regards

Klaus