Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 119, Issue 52

From: Kevin Patrick Barry
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 119, Issue 52
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:28:54 +0100

Have you had a look at either balloon help or footnotes:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/outside-the-staff#balloon-help
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/creating-footnotes

Nick

Yes I use the balloons all the time (they're great).  If I could attach an arrow to the line they produce then that would go a long way to making things easier. The only other problem is that, since they expect markup at the end of the line, they 'push' other staves away, preventing me from drawing an arrow from a note on one staff to a note on another, for example.

I never considered using footnotes; I'll look into it now and see, thank you.