Re: how to call these notes?

From: Owain Sutton
Subject: Re: how to call these notes?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:12:19 +0100

I've never heard 'stroke out notes' before. I've always taken 'acciaccatura'
and 'grace note' to be synonyms.

Regarding whether the notes have a slash/stroke: if they do, then they're
certainly grace notes. If they don't, however, the context sometimes will
suggest that they are still this rather than appogiaturas, as not all
publishers diligently followed a particular house style, let alone scribes!