Score/Part creating tool

From: Mark Witmer
Subject: Score/Part creating tool
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:08:33 -0400

Hi all,

After going through the work of specifying parts and score for a whole
lot of pieces, I decided to put together a script that would do it for
me. The result has been pretty useful so I thought I'd share it with
everyone else. Basically, it gives you a scheme function you can call
with a list of instruments grouped together in the desired contexts;
layouts, paper, and header block information; and other odds and ends
specific to your piece. The result is a score and/or parts depending on
what you ask for. It also has some functions for quickly including cues
from other parts in the score.

I started by looking at an older project called OrchestralLily and
decided I'd prefer to make something from scratch. It takes a pretty
different approach in a few ways.

It's a little too big to make a useful snippet, so I put it in a <a
href="https://github.com/mwitmer/LyUtil";>git
repository</a>. Documentation is in the readme. Feel free to make
suggestions or let me know if it's of use to anyone.

Cheers,

Mark Witmer

MM Candidate, Music Composition/Piano Performance
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Music Theory/Aural Skills
Bowling Green State University