Re: Script objects avoid notes in other voices?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Script objects avoid notes in other voices?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:06:22 +1100

On 18/10/12 08:32, Daniel Rosen wrote:

I'm trying to create a score and parts for a piece. I want to have bow markings in the string parts but not the score, so I'm trying to put them in a voice separate from the notes (ex. 1):

\version "2.16.0"

music = \relative c'' {

  <b g'> <d d,>

}

bowing = {

  s\upbow s\downbow

}

{

  \new Staff

  <<

    \new Voice { \music }

    \new Voice { \bowing }

}

My issue is that, when I compile the part, the bow markings don't automatically avoid the notes in the other voice.

You could but the bow markings in a dynamics context and place that above the staff:

\version "2.16.0"

music = \relative c'' {
  <b g'> <d d,>
}

bowing = {
  s\upbow s\downbow
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup
  <<
    \context Staff = violin {
    <<
      \new Voice { \music }

    }
    \new Dynamics \with { alignAboveContext = #"violin" }
      { \bowing }

  \layout { }