Re: subdividing sixteenth-note triplet beam groups

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: subdividing sixteenth-note triplet beam groups
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 18:10:19 +0200

Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing out, I was indeed too quick in replying, looks "logical" and simpler, but didn't test that specific line of code, stupid. I went back to where I did this once upon a time and saw there is also another possibility I used. However that also needs some modifications:

\version "2.16.0"

\relative c' {
    \times 2/3 { c16 c \set stemRightBeamCount = #1 c }
    \times 2/3 { \set stemLeftBeamCount = #1 c c c }
}

With the beam-count setting you remove the connecting beam, is slightly easier to remember when you use also other types of beam connections (or parts of it). It is discussed in the NR, search for paragraph "Manual Beams".

Regards,
Wim.