Re: Multi-measure rests and counter in piano staff

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Multi-measure rests and counter in piano staff
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 15:51:15 +0200

2012/10/19 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>
to comment #21 at
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2445 .  Understand
that this version might cause problems if you're running a batch of
files (which won't happen with the version that's in the review
process.) The engraver could be added to a Dynamics context, or you
could put it in one of the Staff contexts and adjust the positioning.

This looks very intresting. In the first try I get some errors when I add it to my more complex score. I will break it down to see, what I did wrong.

This measure counter allows a start and a stop. I did not find an option to start at a specific number. Image you start at rehearsel mark H, have a multi-measure rest of 16 bars. In the 17th measure you have some cue notes. It would be nice to start the measure counter hear at 17 to count until your intstrument has to play. Therefore the start at a specific number would be great. Do you think this can be added?

Thanks
Helge