Input for the GLISS project - repeated music w/ different lyrics

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Input for the GLISS project - repeated music w/ different lyrics
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:54:35 +0200

Hi,

I recently typeset a piece for the LyBoek project, where the music is
repeated, and the words are different the second time.

I had to dig deeply into the manual to arrive at this:

    \new Lyrics \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #CENTER
    } \lyricsto "sopraan" {
      <<
        \regelEen
        \new Lyrics {
          \set associatedVoice = "sopraan"
          \regelTwee
        }

      \deRest
    }

Where 'regelEen' is the text that is sung to the notes the first time,
'regelTwee' is sung the second time, and 'deRest' is the rest of the
text.

May I humbly suggest a syntax for (repeated) lyrics that looks like
the musical construct << \\ >> ?

Christ van Willegen