Re: How to define multiple pieces per page

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: How to define multiple pieces per page
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:27:36 +0200

Am 24.10.2012 00:26, schrieb Thomas Morley:

I'm not completely sure what you want to achieve,
I have the notes in the PDF version that I referred in my original mail. These are scans of a older edition with a poor readability. Especially some chords are hard to read, e.g. at page 7 are accidentals that need time to identify. Or even the multi-measure count in the first measure is not clear. And I don't have the time neither in rehearsal nor in concert. So I decided to write the harp part in Lilypond because of the good readability.

There are some good layout details in the notes that I want to retain:
- The multi-measure rest count should be in the middle of two staves since these are notes for one instruments.
- The measure counter should make the counting easier.
- Cue voices should help to find the right moment to start playing.
- The layout should be compact. Tacet movements should occupy as less space as possible.

Further I thought, when I found a construct that formats the "movement name" in a consistent manner, I should be usable to use for this tacet thing. I played with the top level \markup, but missed the \center-column with corresponding poor results.

With your workaround I get a better visual structure of the movements as you can see here: http://pastebin.com/UdexhJ8R.[1] It could be improved by a format that is defined once for all "movement names". But it just produces a much better score than the original scan. There are still some warnings with cross staff beams. But probably I will find a workaround

Regards
Helge

[1] I will add the header markups you proposed.