Re: Aligning Dynamic/Expressive Marks

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Aligning Dynamic/Expressive Marks
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:02:55 +0200

On 2012-10-25 06:10, Keehun Nam wrote:
I know this is a novice question and I've tried what the document says
to try but I don't thin its examples relate exactly to this situation
although I'm sure it's been beaten into a pulp in previous discussions.

I need to align "poco sf" where the sf aligns with the note head. Right
now, the note head is aligned with the left of the poco.

This is actually not that straightforward to achieve, since the dynamics are centered on the notehead. If you need some text to the left of the dynamic, then the alignment point needs to be calculated explicitly. The attached file does exactly this (adapted from a LSR snippet).

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886