Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new sta

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new stable version
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:54:24 -0700

Janek-
I'm not going to do that.  Here's a few reasons why.
I've been using lilypond since some kind of 1.... version.  Some of the stable versions have been baby steps and easy to accommodate and understand.  Many many of the changes that have been taking place in V2 have not been like that.  It took me a year to figure out all the changes during the last two stable  versions.  And now there is a new one and just looking at the templates I realize that I have no idea what is going on and that the program has now reached a level of complexity that defeats my purposes- to produce a good looking, in a quick way, sheet of music for students and professional musicians.

So in the course of if it's not broken don't fix it.  I'm not going to upgrade to the new version.  I'm certain that this will render me without help down the road (like for this issue about bar numbers)  but the number of things I see from the lily user group that interest and concern them/you lately are rarely anything I have use for or interest in using.

I'm sorry, perhaps lily is becoming a better program but it's not becoming a better piece of software from this user's perspective.  And hasn't been in the last few iterations, it's just changed.
Jay

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:16 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello
>
> using version 2.14.1 [...]

please try latest stable version (2.16.0).

best,
Janek

--
Jay Hamilton Sound and Silence www.soundand.com 206-328-7694