Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new sta

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new stable version
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 01:05:43 +0200

Am 26.10.2012 00:52, schrieb David Kastrup:
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

With "2.16.0" you could use:

\tweak Accidental #'font-size #-2
The way it looks, with 2.17.6 you will likely have to write

\tweak Accidental.font-size #-2

indeed, an incompatible syntax change.  convert-ly will cover it,
though.  2.17.6 will make a lot of #'xxx and #'(xxx yyy) unnecessary.
Very few commands, like the special tweak form, will have a non-upwards
compatible (though simpler) syntax change.  For most commands, the forms
are interchangeable.  Something like Score.Accidental, previously an
isolated LilyPond syntax element, now has a straightforward and direct
correspondence to Scheme data structures.

Being able to map LilyPond straightforward to Scheme and back also helps
with the inner consistency und understanding of the LilyPond language on
its own.

that's very promising - I'm looking forward!
Eluze