Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new sta

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Problem with remove bar number/ why I'm not upgrading to the new stable version
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 20:15:49 +0200 (CEST)

> I re-read the learning manual when a major stable version is
> released, just to become familiar with any major changes. I know how
> to search the notation reference for the contexts or engravers I
> might want to modify, and what modifications I can make to them,
> because these kinds of changes are very clearly explained in the
> learning manual. The scheme tweaks, however, require a background
> knowledge that I just don't have, and really have no desire to gain.

It would be very helpful to us if you can find some time to *exactly*
point out what background knowledge you are missing.  While LilyPond
can't give a detailed introduction into Scheme, the example code is
intended to be understandable in most cases even by people who don't
have experience with Scheme.

Maybe examples can be extended and/or reduced to make them easier to
comprehend.

    Werner