Re: Staff spacing for Z beam

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Staff spacing for Z beam
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:21:41 -0700

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 23:42:27 -0700, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:

2012/10/26 Keith OHara <address@hidden>

Making space locally is probably the better option.  You need to find
something that does not overlay the staves (that is, not the Stems) and
tell LilyPond to give that thing more space

Further I have at least three lines of
these Z beams. Can I place an invisible strut at the Z beams?

The beams are allowed to overlap the staff, so asking LilyPond to allow more
space for the beams will not cause her to move the staves further apart.

Sometimes I put a text mark, consisting of one empty space, on a note, just so
I have something to take up space.

<< \new Staff="upper" s1
   \new Staff="lower" {\clef bass r4
   \repeat unfold 3 {