Re: Changing program defaults

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Changing program defaults
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:22:20 +1100

On 28/10/12 14:07, Nick Payne wrote:
> On 28/10/12 14:01, Daniel Rosen wrote:
>> I'm sorry, I should have been more clear--I'm trying to figure out how to
>> change the program files so that I don't have to put that in every single
>> document.
> You can run lilypond with the command line parameter
>
> -dpaper-size=\"letter\"

Actually, if you open lily.scm in an editor, look for the text string
paper-size "a4" and change it to paper-size "letter", that will change
the default paper size without having to specify anything on the command
line or source file(s). But the default will go back to A4 each time you
install a new version of Lilypond and get a new version of lily.scm.

On Linux, lily.scm is in
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm if installed as root
or the corresponding path under ~/lilypond if installed in your home
dir. Don't know what the path is on Windows.

Nick