Re: Modified laissez vibrer ties

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Modified laissez vibrer ties
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:46:05 -0000

David Kastrup wrote Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:07 AM

> Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I did consider that; the problem is those ties go _over_ the barline
>> instead of stopping just short, so they'd still need to be adjusted
>> manually.
>
> I tried using normal ties to invisible notes after the barline and
> tweaking to-barline in order to have them stop short.  I have not been
> able to make to-barline have any effect, though.

Not very elegant, but this might be a possibility:

\relative c'' {
  \override Slur #'to-barline = ##t
  a1*3/4( \once \hideNotes a4) a1
}

or, if you prefer,

\relative c'' {
  a1*3/4 -\tweak #'to-barline ##t ( \once \hideNotes a4) a1
}

Unlike hairpins, 'to-barline for Slurs seems to extend the slur to the
_next_ bar line rather than stopping it short at the previous one.
And the hidden note seems to require a non-zero duration too.

Trevor