Re: Reheaseals with irregular bars

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Reheaseals with irregular bars
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:56:09 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2012-10-28 21:35, Jacques Menu wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I've been using Lilypond for some time, but Beethoven's Trio X für
>> Klavier, Flöte und Fagott causes me much trouble : "\partial" is not
>> usable inside a part, and Thema andante con variazioni contains tricky
>> rehearsals, like:
>>

>> After fighting a lot with the problem, I found:
>>
>> partialInline = #(define-music-function
>> (parser location nom den mus)
>> (integer? integer? ly:music?)
>> #{
>> \set Score.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment (- $nom) $den)
>
> You don't want (- $nom) here, since that might skip one measure!
> In your case you want to set the measure position at the begin of the
> second volta to #(ly:make-moment 0 8), if you want the second volta to
> have the same bar number as the first.

This is 2.14 stuff, right?  With 2.16, you could write

partialInline = #(define-music-function
(parser location frac mus)
(fraction? ly:music?)
#{
\set Score.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment (- (car fraction)) (cdr
  fraction)) ,,,

and use it as

\partialInline 3/4 ...

Or you use a duration argument like \partial itself does.  That is
likely more flexible.

That does not address any of the problems you are dealing with, it is
just something convenient on the side.

--
David Kastrup