Re: What is the oldest convert-ly available?

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: Re: What is the oldest convert-ly available?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:01:55 -0400

Thanks guys. It's for an online lilypond site so users can convert older mutopia files. So it's no a real pressing issue for me, just a 'nice to have' feature if people wanted to could go back and upgrade old mutopia stuff.

Cheers,
Mike

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
2012/10/27 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
> 2012/10/27 Mike Blackstock <address@hidden>:
>> There are  a few things on Mutopia I would like to upgrade, one of which is
>> version 1.7
>>
>> I visited http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/ and the earliest
>> version there is 2.8.8, from 2006. I'm guessing that it will convert
>> versions back to somewhere around version 2.0.
>>
>> Is that about right? Anything before 2.0 is more-or-less non-convertible?
>>
>> Thanks for any confirmations/additional info.
>>
>> -Mike
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> you could try to install an old version to be found here:
> http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/source/
>
> I recently tried to compile 2.6.x trying to do some research, but I failed.
> Perhaps you have more luck.
>
> Regards,
>   Harm

Forgot to mention that you could use the to-version-option of any convert-ly
convert-ly -e -t2.14.2
will convert to "2.14.2"

In general, I found converting-rules in convertrules.py since version "0.1.9"
But every now and then there will be some stuff convert-ly is not able
to handle.

So I would use the _newest_ convert-ly and update very carefully from
one version to the next with the to-version-option fixing manually all
issues convert-ly "is not smart enough" to do.

But I never tried to update such an old file, I wish Good Luck.

-Harm