DevNull produces strange output

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: DevNull produces strange output
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 23:09:05 +0100

Hi,

accidently I noticed that DevNull produces some weird output, if its
argument contains an override to TabStaff, VaticanaStaff or
RhythmicStaff (this list may be not complete)

\version "2.17.4"

mus = {
        \override TabStaff.TabNoteHead #'color = #red
        % same with:
        % \override VaticanaStaff.NoteHead #'color = #red
        % \override RhythmicStaff.NoteHead #'color = #red
        % but not with, p.e.:
        % \override Staff.NoteHead #'color = #red
        c1
}

\score {
        <<
        \new Devnull \mus
        %\new Staff \mus
        %\new TabStaff \mus
        %\new VaticanaStaff \mus
        %\new RhythmicStaff \mus

}

Is this a bug (in this case I'll create a bugreport) or expected behaviour?

-Harm