Well there be improvements to Gregorian Chant?

From: Keith N. McKenna
Subject: Well there be improvements to Gregorian Chant?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:30:59 -0400

Good-day All;

I have recently been experimenting with lilypond because it has some support for Gregorian Chant. The first thing that bit was was of course the problems with lyric alignment with ligatures. After perusing the archives or the list this seems to be an ongoing problem. My question is will there be more development in this area, and are there work arounds that are somewhat understandable for a non-programmer novice such as myself.

Regards
Keith