Q and A web

From: Noeck
Subject: Q and A web
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:54:03 +0100

Hi,

most discussions on this mailing list follow this course:
 1) how can I achieve this: description
 2) some answers are given
 3) perhaps the person asking finds his best solution

Others having the same problem or question have to follow the mailing
list or hope for a snippet in the LSR. Clicking through
http://lists.gnu.org/archive needs also a bit more effort than reading a
question and its answer on the same page.

Imho, something like http://stackoverflow.com would be perfect for
Lilypond. I know it from python programming and it's so convenient to
see if there is a question matching the own problems and then to have a
look whats the best answer there.

I don't know if it is difficult to set up a system like this, but it
could reduce the amount of duplicated questions on the mailing list.
Or should these sites be used for it (I see there are already 15
questions tagged with Lilypond)?

Cheers,
Joram