Re: Nearly there

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Nearly there
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 09:27:26 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Mark Stephen Mrotek
<address@hidden> wrote:
> If this were a video the Hallelujah Course would be playing in the
> background!

:)

> For about an hour I added code and regularly checked the results by clicking
> the Frescobaldi Lillypond icon. Each time the music appeared. The last time
> the code did not process and this error message appeared.
>
> Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.16.0 [Fugue in C#.ly]...
>
> Processing
> `c:/users/owner/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-18uujk/tmpv4bw3k/Fugue in
> C#.ly'
>
> Parsing...
>
> c:/users/owner/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-18uujk/tmpv4bw3k/Fugue in
> C#.ly:172:21: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING
>
>     instrumentName =
>                      "Piano"
>
> fatal error: failed files:
> "c:\\users\\owner\\appdata\\local\\temp\\frescobaldi-18uujk\\tmpv4bw3k\\Fugue
> in C#.ly"
>
> Exited with return code 1.

There's probably some kind of missing brace/bracket/parentheses or
some other typo in the code - the error message says that Lilypond
didn't expect instrumentName = "Piano" in this place.
Frescobaldi can highlight matching parentheses - you may use this to
check if they're all right.

Oh, and please post *all* replies and questions to the whole list -
you'll get answers more quickly.  For example, i just went to sleep
when you sent your message.
There's absolutely no guarantee that privately sent emails will be
answered - some people are very busy and only check their lilypond
mail once in a few days.

best,
Janek