Re: Managing the creation of a book with many scores

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Managing the creation of a book with many scores
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 12:21:11 +0100

Il 04/11/2012 11:09, Olivier Biot ha scritto:
One of the challenges is to process individual scores without the need
of recreating the entire score book. I first thought that there ought
to be a method like the preprocessor directives used in C, but that
did not work with Scheme apparently.

I'm not sure what the challenge is about exactly...
I think that you want to be able to process a score which is part of a book project in a way that the same score will be available as score x at page y in the book file and also a standalone score (including titles, paper layout, etc.).

I used to have problems with this, but I've recently learned how to use \bookpart effectively. I think that as soon as issue 2902ยน is fixed, the power of bookpart will be more evident to any user :-)

[1] http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2902

I confess that I've not understood your 6 points list.
I'm used to use a very simple setup for books: a book file which includes bookpart files.

Maybe a minimal example would help to clarify your book creation strategy.
Regards
--
Federico