Re: Function for rendering key textually in 3 languages

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Function for rendering key textually in 3 languages
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:53:40 +0100

Hi Olivier,

a)
If you define a new `scoreTitleMarkup´, you have to _use_ it. :)

    \paper {
            scoreTitleMarkup = \myScoreTitleMarkup
    }

b)
\fromproperty #'header:piece-tonality will return a stencil not a string.
So every markup-command or scheme-function requiering a
string-argument (or tries to deal with the   argument as a string)
will fail.
P.e: \markup \simple { \fromproperty #'header:piece-tonality }

Workaround:
Use the markup-command/scheme-function _in_ the \header:

    \header {
      piece-tonality = \markup \simple "cis-major"
    }

c)
My own approach attached, converting `piece-tonality´ into german,
french and english.
Please note: I don't know how double-flat/sharp is called in french,
so I used "double-bémol" and "double-dièse". Should be easy to alter.

HTH,
  Harm