Re: misplaced rest

From: soundsfromsound
Subject: Re: misplaced rest
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 15:09:45 -0800 (PST)

Hello Mark,

Let's see if we can help you with this one.  I'm not quite sure I understand
what you mean by your question (I copied and pasted that code into
Frescobaldi to check it out) - did you mean something like just moving the
"r8" to before the

 "{ \override Stem #'direction = #UP r8 < c e g > <d f g > }" to become:

"r8 { \override Stem #'direction = #UP r8 < c e g > <d f g > }"

Because that would move the rest, but again, I'm not 100% sure I know what
you're after.  Is that close to what you want?

Please advise.

-----
composer | sound designer