Re: Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 21:03:08 +0100

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Tim Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm transcribing a piece that has a dashed bar line in the middle of a bar,
> in only one staff in a system.  The dashed line is marking a change of
> phrase.  Is there an easy way to do that?  I think I know how to do it by
> subverting the bar line process, making two short measures and suppressing
> the line in the other staves, but that seems immoral.  There must be a way
> to do a single line as a markup, but how do I place it properly on the
> staff?

you can actually make a regular barline to do what you want - just
need to do some engraver juggling:

\version "2.16.0"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Timing_translator"
    \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists "Timing_translator"
    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"
<<
  { a a \bar ":" a a a a }
  { b b b b b b }

i've found this by looking at some polymetric snippet in the docs.

hth,
Janek