Re: Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:04:23 +0100

Am 05.11.2012 20:40, schrieb Tim Roberts:
> I'm transcribing a piece that has a dashed bar line in the middle of a
> bar, in only one staff in a system.  The dashed line is marking a change
> of phrase.  Is there an easy way to do that?  I think I know how to do
> it by subverting the bar line process, making two short measures and
> suppressing the line in the other staves, but that seems immoral.  There
> must be a way to do a single line as a markup, but how do I place it
> properly on the staff?

I didn't understand if you want to appear this line
automatically/periodically. But if you just want that type of bar line
at a given position there is already a dashed one

\bar "dashed"

(At least up to the last stable version 2.16.0. In future that will be
\bar "!", if I understood it correctly).

Cheers,
Joram