Re: Editing slur markings in LilyPond

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Editing slur markings in LilyPond
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 22:43:47 -0800

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 09:39:09PM -0800, soundsfromsound wrote:

> but it seems that LilyPond is even more powerful than I had originally
> thought!

Keep a tally of how many times you experience that realization
over the next 6-8 months as you learn more about using the
software.  I've been working with LP only a little more than a
year, and I think I'm around 30 or so.

Also, you originally cited the 2.12 docs, or 2.14.  If my
fleeting memory of the last few months of list traffic is
accurate, there's been a lot of slur-shaping work done recently.
Check the current docs for the latest and greatest.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/internals/phrasingslur