Re: Lilypond in path on Windows?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond in path on Windows?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 10:55:52 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Janek Warchoł writes:
>
>> i suppose relevant issue is here
>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1948
>
> Interesting.
>
> So instead of FIXING that bug, a new bug was introduced by
> removing code.

A new _installation_ step was introduced since the previous one would
not work more than a few times and left traces in the system when
uninstalling that would eventually lead to failure.

> Great.  Also no trail was left in Git,

That would be an interesting feat.  Reminds me of the Ritchie(?) C
compiler Trojan scenario where a backdoor was transferred into
recompilations of the compiler that would compile a backdoor when the
login program was being compiled.  With no trail left in the sources,
just proliferating in the binaries and surviving complete bootstraps.

--
David Kastrup