Re: Lilypond cheat sheat

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Lilypond cheat sheat
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:57:22 +0100

Am 07.11.2012 11:02, schrieb Jan Nieuwenhuizen:
David Kastrup writes:

We arrive at our indentation using Emacs, but even if we deliver the
scripts for doing so, this does not mean we need to redistribute Emacs
as well.
There is a difference between build time and run time dependencies.
Even if libreoffice, like Emacs would obviously not become a run time
dependency, having it as a build time dependency could be awkward?
Including the sources makes it easier to maintain it – once 2.18 is out,
the bar line shortcuts will be wrong, for example.

It does not make sense to ship out/include outdated material.

Marc
Or would you want to store cached binary output alongside its source in
git?  I'm not a big fan of that.

Jan