Re: Adding a clef mid-measure

From: soundsfromsound
Subject: Re: Adding a clef mid-measure
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:07:04 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I understand now. Sometimes MusicXML doesn't translate well coming into
LilyPond, and I agree with you - I should probably be more thorough with my
"housekeeping" after the import. :)

Often times, I find that the MusicXML import is quite different depending on
how I bring it in to LilyPond - for example:

*Using musicxml2ly with a Sibelius-exported MusicXML file
*Converting MusicXML (from Sib) into MuseScore, and export as .ly file
**Using musicxml2ly with a Finale-exported MusicXML file

etc.

On a side note, is there any one way that everyone agrees is the "best" way
to import MusicXML into Lilypond with the cleanest, most accurate conversion
results?

Thanks again for your help with clefs, you saved me a ton of future
headaches!

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer