Re: Supporting LilyPond development financially (was: Editing slur marki

From: soundsfromsound
Subject: Re: Supporting LilyPond development financially (was: Editing slur markings in LilyPond)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 09:00:36 -0800 (PST)

I didn't mean to open a can of worms or anything.  :)

But yes, in my opinion, perhaps a change would help?

As an aside:
When I first visited the LilyPond website, way back when, it took a moment
to absorb what was going on with the "sponsor" page.  I got the impression
that donating money was only something you did if you wanted specific
special features requested by the developers.  Like a 1-on-1 contract
almost.  It wasn't super clear at first that I could donate for a more
"global" cause, you know what I mean?

It may be nice to have a simple, clean, donation portion of the page saying
something like "every little bit counts, donate here to keep LilyPond going
strong --->"

Just my 2 cents.  If there was a button on the LilyPond website where
someone could just click, and simply send money easily and quickly, I think
many (including myself) would do it far more often.

Food for thought.

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer