Re: Weird Crescendo/Decrescendo Behavior

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Weird Crescendo/Decrescendo Behavior
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 17:13:23 +0000 (UTC)

Keehun Nam <keehun <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So the first [decrescendo], I'm letting it terminate "by itself"
> by not declaring a \!

Decrescendos in LilyPond do not terminate by themselves.  They extend
to the next dynamic mark if there is no \!

> Then in the next one, [...] it doesn't even reach across the bar line.

Traditionally, hairpins stop at the bar-line if they represent a
crescendo ending on the first beat.

The option to change that is
  \override Hairpin #'to-barline = ##f

There is one open bug with that option