Re: Supporting LilyPond development financially

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Supporting LilyPond development financially
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:30:58 -0800

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:25:56PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > And it is not like there is 100% approval on the stuff I do.
>
> I think that there is 100% approval that you *do* such a huge amount
> of work.  And you should be payed for that IMHO.

I was going to word that slightly differently, but you make
the same point.

I think that there is 100% agreement that David should continue
to work on LilyPond.  Direct financial support to David is the
community's way of keeping David on-task, instead of looking for
alternate ways to pay his day-to-day bills.

As for making it easy, it is actually quite easy already.

1.  Log in to PayPal.  Don't have a PayPal account?  Sign up.

2.  Use PayPal to send a personal gift of money to address@hidden

3.  Resume using LilyPond.

That said, I also support the idea of a prominent link on the
LilyPond home page which links to an explanation of why and how
to provide support.