Re: Supporting LilyPond development financially

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Supporting LilyPond development financially
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:09:56 -0800

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 01:30:58PM -0800, Jim Long wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:25:56PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > I think that there is 100% approval that you *do* such a huge amount
> > of work.  And you should be payed for that IMHO.

I agree with the first sentence.  I have problems with the second
sentence -- nothing personal, just a general reluctance to support
any statement of the form "X should be paid for Y" without further
qualifications.  I definitely agree with "X should be paid in
accordance with an agreement to exchange work or time for money".
I cannot agree with "X should be paid for Y" without specifying
exactly who should be doing the paying.

> I think that there is 100% agreement that David should continue
> to work on LilyPond.

With my previous paragraph in mind, I disagree; thus there is not
100\% agreement.

- Graham