Re: Version Control and Public Repository

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Version Control and Public Repository
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 17:08:06 +0100

Yes, I started using Git for the same reason several months ago, and I'm still thrilled by the implications this has.
It is really perfect to be able to version-control ones sources.
But it's even better for collaborating - working together at the same files while nearly not having to worry about conflicts.

For the same reason I also started using LaTeX lately - and they form a very nice trio (LilyPond, LaTeX and Git).
Currently I'm actually only a few commits away from the first _usable_ release of a LaTeX package providing access to LilyPond's notational elements for use within LaTeX documents ;-)

Re public repositories: Do you know mutopiaproject.org? Is that what you mean?

Best
Urs