Re: Increasing the size of rehearsal marks

From: Alex Voice
Subject: Re: Increasing the size of rehearsal marks
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 23:06:53 +0000

Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:11:15 +0100
From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

Am 09.11.2012 09:32, schrieb Alex Voice:
Hi Lilypond Experts,

I should like to increase the size of rehearsal marks relative to
the stave.

I'm sure that it has something to do with

\set Score.markformatter   and    #'font-size

but I can't work out how to put these two bits together and where.
For 2.16.0:

\override Score.RehearsalMark #'font-size = #...

In 2.17.x something like

\override Score.RehearsalMark.font-size = #...

should do the trick.

Just a short note: in 2.17.x, the first version will work just fine.  It
will likely get a warning in 2.20, and stop working in 2.22.  But the
second variant is easier on the eyes in my opinion.

--
David Kastrup

Marc and David,

Thank you so very much for your time and help – I'm still getting my head around the various fiddles, and somehow completely overlooked the possibility of \override instead of \set, though I wasn't sure of the parameters afterwards.

I'll probably have more queries in the future, but for now thank you both again.

Alex Voice