Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:27:20 -0800 (PST)

David,

Thanks for the feedback! It's sad to hear that boxed notation is a bit
challenging in LilyPond (i.e. not possible without "breaking" parts of it) -
do you think there will ever be a native, more acceptable way to do boxed
notation in the future?  I'm not much a programmer so I apologize if that is
a silly question, but it'd be awesome if it could be implemented.  I'm not
sure if you mean it's not possible yet, or not possible from a programming
standpoint.

Thanks,
Ben

David Nalesnik-2 wrote

*
*
>  When there is one, parts of
> this file will need to be rewritten (as happened in the situation that
> brought you to the list, which came about because of a step in the
> direction of this new-grob-with-all-the-fixings interface made by
> David Kastrup).
>

>> I ask because in future scores I'll have to do something similar to this
>> and
>> want to make sure I don't corrupt my dear LilyPond install :)
>
> No, the files are safe!
>
> -David

-----
composer | sound designer