Re: unwanted barnumber

From: Olivier Biot
Subject: Re: unwanted barnumber
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 23:48:43 +0100

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
2012/11/11 shutterfreak <address@hidden>:
> While incorporating this code in another score I came across a layouting
> problem: if the tempo name is sufficiently long, then the first measure
> number will be rendered _above_ the tempo indicator.
>
> This problem only occurs when \omitParenthesizedBarNumbers is invoked in the
> layout block.

Hi Olivier,

try it with:

omitParenthesizedBarNumbers =
\override Score.BarNumber #'before-line-breaking =
#(lambda (grob)
   (let* ((text (ly:grob-property grob 'text))
          (text-arg (caadr text))
          (nmbr? (string->number text-arg)))
     (if (not nmbr?)
         (ly:grob-suicide! grob)
         #f)))

HTH,
  Harm

Hi Thomas,

Thanks again for your help!

Replacing #'after-line-breaking with #'before-line-breaking in omitParenthesizedBarNumbers did the trick.

Best regards,

Olivier