Re: Forced down-stem grace notes

From: james
Subject: Re: Forced down-stem grace notes
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:02:51 +0100

On Nov 12, 2012, at 7:58 PM, Keehun Nam wrote:

Dear LilyPond community,

I've been trying unsuccessfully for about an hour try to force grace notes to have down-ward stems when the pitch placement would dictate upward stems.

The code is:

a8[ \grace { a16[ a]} a8 ]

Inline image 1

I've tried several things, first to turn off automatic beaming, then to $(remove-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction) and then set the brackets within the grace note command as _[].

What else can I try? Why doesn't the _[] work as it should in grace note command?

The reason why I'm trying to make the grace notes downward is to minimize any possible confusion of how it might look like it's part of the regular notes.

Thank you,
Keehun

NR 1.2.6 implies that \grace { \stemDown a16[ a] } should work.