Re: Parenthesized slurs

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Parenthesized slurs
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:37:01 -0600

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to engrave a score with parentheses around a slur. Can't find
> anything like this in the LSR; the last time this was brought up in the list
> appears to be 2005
> (http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c4343E72F.6000500%40s3.kth.se%3e).
>  Is this possible to do?

I've attached a file which I hope will be helpful.  Unfortunately, I
needed to duplicate rather a lot of code from scm\stencil.scm, since I
make use of functions which aren't public.

I've defined a command \parenthesizeSlur which takes a number of
values.  These are: half-thickness (controlling the line-thickness),
width, angularity (larger values make the parentheses less rounded),
and padding (controls the horizontal distance of the parentheses from
the slur).

I've defined (and used) \myParSlur with some reasonable values for the
above parameters.

To raise the slurs up a bit, I used \shape which is new to 2.16.  You
could also override 'positions.

Let me know if this works for you or you need any further explanation.

-David