Re: Question about page number position and ornamentation

From: Mark Witmer
Subject: Re: Question about page number position and ornamentation
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:41:19 -0500

Hi Rustik,

You can override the odd/even Header and Footer variables in the paper block for this purpose. See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers and http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/other-_005cpaper-variables#_005cpaper-variables-for-page-numbering for more information. Here's an example that does most of what you want. It gets rid of the page numbers on the top of the page and puts them on the bottom. This also shows how you can override fonts and center/resize markup. If you want to show the page number on page 1, you also need to add "print-first-page-number = ##t" to the paper block.

\version "2.16.0"

\paper {
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup ""
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup ""
  oddFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
    ""
    \concat {
      "<<"
      \override #'(font-name . "Times New Roman") \fontsize #2
        \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string ">>"
     }
    ""
  }
  evenFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
    ""
    \concat { "<<" \override #'(font-name . "Times New Roman") \fontsize #2
        \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string ">>"
    } ""
\relative c' { f1 \pageBreak | f \pageBreak | f }

Hope that helps,

Mark Witmer