Re: convert-ly 2.17.6 does nothing

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: convert-ly 2.17.6 does nothing
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:58:57 +0100

Am 16.11.2012 23:42, schrieb Wim van Dommelen:
> Hi Noeck,
>
> I think that problem does point you really to the paths configured.
>
> Check (on Linux or OSX, sorry I don't use Wxx for this) these
> command-line commands:
>
> $ which lilypond
> $ which convert-ly
> $ lilypond --version
> $ convert-ly --version
>
> (Wxx doesn't know the "which" commands, but should produce output with
> the --version switches)
>
> Check for consistency in paths, versions, etc. Match it with what
> Frescobaldi tells you (menu settings -- configure Frescobaldi).
>
> If the convert-ly (menu Lilypond -- source -- etc.) stays greyed out,
> check if you did not already convert it (once is enoough!), next run
> should produce a window stating this file is already up-to-date,
> Frescobaldi might also puts some comments in your file to remember this.
> Try setting the version-number in the file to something else.
>
> Regards,
> Wim.
> (mail me the output if you have troubled interpreting)

Thanks, but that's not directly the problem, because it doesn't occur
with the lilypond version from the package repositories (ubuntu).
So "which" surely points me to that one installed in /usr/bin. But the
other two installations don't work.

I looked at it a bit more closely and there are some things I don't
understand:

I have three versions 2.14 (from the repository), 2.16 and 2.17 (from
the website):
                2.14            2.16            2.17
installed in    /usr/bin        /home/.../sw/lilypond2.1x
convert-ly      is a py-script  is a link to lilypond-wrapper.python

This lilypond-wrapper then calls another convert-ly, which is then a
python script.

This led me to the conclusion that the "executables" in bin cannot be
used in Frescobaldi, but the ones in lilypond/usr/bin have to be used.
But that doesn't work either.

Cheers,
Joram