Re: Acciaccaturas and global barlines

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Acciaccaturas and global barlines
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 09:44:11 +0100

Am 18.11.2012 09:15, schrieb Alex Voice:
Hi, Lilypond Experts.

I have a problem combining an acciaccatura at the start of a bar with global
settings for special bar lines.

The following code places the acciaccatura before the double bar and creates
another spurious bar before both of them:

If one puts the double bar into the \music explicitly (rather than in
\global), it works perfectly fine, but I rather need to use global settings
for this large orchestral piece, of which this is just a short excerpt from
one stave.

Could you suggest either what I may be doing wrong or what way there might
be to work around it.

see Known issues and warnings in http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns#grace-notes

a solution is adding a similar ornament in the other context:

{  s1 \bar "||" \grace s8 s1 }

hth
Eluze