Re: bleeding

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: bleeding
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:59:58 +0100

Am 18.11.2012 16:52, schrieb Phil Holmes:
[...]

Check the output in the log file and correct the error.
That was too fast, I think.

The file compiles fine on my machine, the log on the console says:

warning: already have a beam
\clef treble bes16 d f aes bes [ c ]
                                     [ d g ] fis, a c d e a d a |

Nothing about over-/underfull bars which are mostly the cause of unbroken lines
running out of the page boundaries.

This is strange indeed.

Regards,

Marc

But - if the beams are placed correctly, the file compiles correctly. It's possibly a bug in the beam error handling, but the OP's question related to how to get correct input.
You're right.
I alerted him to the fact that the first place to look for errors is the log file,
well, only if you have one ;-)
and that if this file is corrected to be error free, the problem disappears.
Yep. If you are doing everything right, nothing will be wrong anymore, so to say.
But I get the point ...

Regards,

Marc