glissando between note and rest

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: glissando between note and rest
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:12:40 +0100 (CET)

In older versions like 2.11.21 it was possible to write

  c2 \glissando r2

to get a horizontal glissando line between the notehead and the rest
(which could be further adjusted with `bound-details').  With recent
versions like 2.17.5, however, this is no longer the case.  I know how
to emulate the old behaviour (using an invisible note head), but this
is awkward.  Additionally, convert-ly is neither able to handle this
automatically, nor does it emit a warning, which I consider a bug,
BTW.

Any chance to get the old behaviour back?

    Werner